Monday, January 9, 2012

Prompt Proposals


Moving back to Utah has made me aware of a few things. That I am no longer adjusted to subzero temperatures, and that there should be a law about how many people can get married per month. I swear I can't even log onto Facebook anymore without seeing at least five pictures of people showing off their wedding rings. And here I am just barely learning how to do my own laundry. Even though I have no desire to be married really at all, well not at least for a few years, I am feeling a certain amount of pressure. I feel like I am going to be the shopper trying to get the good deals once it's all picked over. There will no longer be the expensive shoes that are half off, and I will be left with a pair of used Sketchers . And hey, I'm not even trying to be picky here, I'm just saying by waiting too long, the whole Salt Lake Valley will be like Nordstrom the day after a huge sale. I will be left digging through a mess to find any good deal that's left. It's like at a football game, when one person stands up it forces the whole stadium to in order to see the game. I feel like once someone gets married young we all have to or we are left watching the back of someone's head rather than the touchdown. And it's no one's fault really, it's just the way things are. So do you wait around hoping there are a few boys that followed your plan? Or do you hurry and snatch one up before they are all gone? Maybe I'll just deem myself a Cradle Robber...that way I can marry someone younger, when I'm ready. I've always been down with the whole Ashton Kutcher/ Demi Moore thing, even though they are getting divorced. Doesn't really prove my point at all. But for now, I think I'm going to hold off on the bridal magazines and day dreams about the perfect dress, and just concentrate on surviving college. Maybe tackling much bigger problem such as finding classes on a huge campus, and making new friends. Both have proven to be much harder at a huge university than they were at Saint Marys. I just hope when I decide to settle down that there will still be one pair of Prada Shoes marked at a good price. But if not, I've always secretly wanted a pair of Sketchers Shape Ups.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog:) I'm so excited that I have one more way to stalk you!!

    ReplyDelete