Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Can somebody please tell Roth that we don't love college?

Every high school student counts down the seconds until their freedom. They are convinced that once they leave their high school and the confounding walls, that they will finally have the "time of their lives."And to be honest, this saying has always confused me. How do you know something is the time of your life until you've lived your whole life? I love people who are like twenty-five going on and on about how they truly had the time of their lives in college. What if one day they win the lottery and get to spend the rest of their lives on a beach, or instantly become a celebrity that everyone is dying to meet. I bet they will feel pretty stupid that they already decided that the days of being a poor, hungry, and tired student were the best of their lives. And maybe it's just me, but I honestly miss high school, there were no worries at all. Soccer, school, and life were just easier. But hey, I'm down to live off of Roman Noodles and end every day exhausted, who wouldn't be? I just don't think I could currently agree with Asher Roth, even though his college life seems A LOT different than mine. I just don't think I could fully say that I love college. I mean I'm not saying I hate it, we just have more of a platonic relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment